Tips to help guide you through the steps to take in choosing your new wig(s).
CHOOSING A STYLE: Your first step in choosing a wig is the style you want. Browse the various hair lengths, short, medium, long lengths, bobs, page styles, bangs, smooth sleek layered hair styles, etc.
CAP SIZE: Follow our chart below and use a soft seamstress measuring tape to ensure proper attention to your correct size. NOTE: some wig manufacturer brand names we carry vary slightly in sizing.
* Head Size - Average: (21.5" - 22.5" Circumference), (13.5" Ear to Ear), (14.25" Front to Back)
* Head Size - Petite Average: (21" - 22" Circumference), (13.25" Ear to Ear), (13.75" Front to Back)
* Head Size - Average Large: (22.5" Circumference), (13.75" Ear to Ear ), (14 3/4" Front to Back)
* Head Size - Large: (22.5" - 23.5" Circumference), (14" Ear to Ear), (15.5" Front to Back)
* Head Size - Child: (18.5" - 19.5" Circumference), (12.5" Ear to Ear), (12" Front to Back)
* Head Size - Petite: (20.5" - 21.5" Circumference), (13" Ear to Ear), (13.25" Front to Back)
|CAP CONSTRUCTION: The inside of the wig cap is referred to as the wig cap construction.|
3) Skin Top: Thin polyurethane or latex inserted at the top of the wig and the hair implanted into it, creating the appearance of hair growing directly out of the scalp.
- Human hair is said to be the most desirable. It is the most natural, or real hair you can buy. It provides endless styling options and can be professionally cut, colored, highlighted and permed just as you would do to your own hair.
- Synthetic hair has made tremendous advances over the years. No longer cheap looking, unnatural, fake or "like a wig." Synthetic fiber requires little fussing to maintain, it comes ready-to-wear, the curl pattern retains it's shape and is the perfect shake and wear options for many.
- Heat-Defiant/Resistant Synthetic Hair offers the best of both worlds. Another remarkable advance in the hair industry, it allows the wearer cost effective natural looking hair that can be heat styled with conventional hair tools at recommended temperature settings.
- Tips for hair color selection: If new to wearing a wig, stay as close to your own natural hair color in the beginning. It allows you to make the transition easier when getting used to wearing a wig. If you are familiar with wearing wigs and pieces, step out and try something new. Highlights, rooted colors, tipped frosted and stunning Ombre colors are now available.