- Head Size - AVERAGE: (21.5" - 22.5" Circumference), (13.5" Ear to Ear), (14.5" Front to Back) View all: Average Cap Wigs
- Head Size - PETITE: (20.5" - 21.5" Circumference), (13" Ear To Ear, (13.25" Front to Back) View all: Petite Cap Wigs
- Head Size - LARGE: (22.5" - 23.5" Circumference), (14" Ear to Ear), (15.5" Front to Back) View all: Large Cap Wigs
- Head Size: CHILD: (18.5" - 19.5" Circumference), (12.5" Ear to Ear), (12" Front to Back) View all: Children's Child Cap Size
- Head Size: PETITE/AVERAGE: (21" - 22" Circumference), (13.25" Ear to Ear), (13.75" Front to Back) View all: Petite-Average Cap Size
- Head Size: AVERAGE/LARGE: (22" Circumference), (13.75" Ear to Ear), (14.3/4" Front to Back)
Determining the correct measurements of your head size before you choose a wig style is an important step in the process. Although it may seem confusing at first, once you've found your measurement and know whether you fall into average cap, petite, large cap or somewhere in between, it takes the guesswork out of which styles to choose. If a wig cap is too small or too large, you will certainly regret not taking a moment for this important task. For a wig to feel, fit and look it's best on you, it needs to fit correctly. Once determined, you now know your headsize and can move on in the next steps of style and color selection. A one time effort, well worth it.
When shopping our website, you'll see directly noted on the product page of the style, 'cap size," or 'headsize' indicating if average, petite, large, children's petite cap, average-large, etc. Also noted, the details and description of the style, such as hair length, fiber and the color shown on model images wearing the wig or hair piece. From there, you can make a color decision based on the color choices the style is made in.
Something to note, some manufacturer brands can vary slightly in terms of terms of cap size. For instance, what one brand's average, petite, large cap head size may be, might be a little smaller or larger than another brand's size. While not generally considerable, as long as you have taken the measurements for your head size, stay with that cap size when choosing a style. Most wigs can also be professionally sized easily to some degree to customize the cap size slightly for your needs.
Questions regarding cap size? Call us or send us an email, we're happy to answer your questions.
866-872-3139 (M - F: 9am-6pm CT)