Tips to help guide you through the steps to take in choosing your new wig(s).
CHOOSING A STYLE: Your first step is choosing a wig style. Shop various hair lengths, short, medium, long lengths and styles of bobs, pixies, shags, smooth, wavy, layered styles, etc.
- Begin here: Shop Wigs
CAP SIZE: Determine your headsize with the use of a soft seamstress measuring tape to ensure proper attention to your correct size.
- View our complete guide here: Measuring for head size
- AVERAGE: (21.5" - 22.5" Circumference), (13.5" Ear to Ear), (14.25" Front to Back)
- PETITE AVERAGE: (21" - 22" Circumference), (13.25" Ear to Ear), (13.75" Front to Back)
- AVERAGE LARGE: (22.5" Circumference), (13.75" Ear to Ear ), (14 3/4" Front to Back)
- LARGE: (22.5" - 23.5" Circumference), (14" Ear to Ear), (15.5" Front to Back)
- CHILD: (18.5" - 19.5" Circumference), (12.5" Ear to Ear), (12" Front to Back)
CAP CONSTRUCTION: The inside of the wig cap is referred to as the wig cap construction.
1) Monofilament or Mono Top: Offers a natural looking scalp, hair parting options and greater styling versatility. Preferred choice for those with partial or complete hair loss.
- View the monofilament cap here: Mono Top
- View the lace front cap here: Lace Front
4) Standard/Traditional Wig Cap: The most common wig cap construction. The wig cap has closed lace layer at the crown with the hair machine sewn into the wig cap. The crown hair is usually lifted ensuring the cap is not visible. It allow for natural lift and volume at the crown.
5) Capless Wig Construction: Similar to a standard wig cap construction, but instead, a capless wig does not have a lace layer at the crown as a standard wig cap does. It has vertical lace strips with open spaces between the wefting, allow for maximum breath-ability and an overall lighter weight cap.
6) Open Cap: An open wefted wig cap means the side and back of the wig cap are constructed with wefts of hair with approximately 1/2" of space between each weft of hair. This allows for light-weight and breathable wear.
- View the open cap here: Open Cap
- View the hand-tied cap here: Hand Tied
CHOOSING A HAIR TYPE FIBER: Human hair, synthetic hair, heat-resistant synthetic hair and human hair synthetic hair blend hair fibers, there are choices. While each looks natural, determining which fiber you wish to choose is personal depending on your needs.
- Human hair is said to be the most desirable. It is the most natural, or real hair you can buy. It provides endless styling options and can be professionally cut, colored, highlighted and permed just as you would do to your own hair. Shop our: Human Hair
- Synthetic hair has made tremendous advances over the years. No longer cheap looking, unnatural, fake or "like a wig." Synthetic fiber requires little fussing to maintain, it comes ready-to-wear, the curl pattern retains it's shape and is the perfect shake and wear options for many. Shop our: Synthetic Hair
- Heat-Defiant/Resistant Synthetic Hair offers the best of both worlds. Another remarkable advance in the hair industry, it allows the wearer cost effective natural looking hair that can be heat styled with conventional hair tools at recommended temperature settings. Shop our: Heat Friendly Synthetic Hair
- Human Hair Synthetic Blended Hair is sometimes viewed as the perfect wig hair fiber by many. For a natural appearance and maximum styling, blended hair fiber just make sense. Using a heat friendly synthetic fiber (which is heat stylable at noted temperature settings), and combining with natural human hair allows limitless styling. As a rule, we tend to overprocess our natural hair with the use of extreme heat temperatures through the use of thermal styling tools, which is simply not needed. Enter 'human hair blend wigs,' and you're on you're way to creating the look of your dreams without using as high heat settings as you many have been use to. Shop our: Human Hair Blended Fiber
CHOOSING A HAIR COLOR: There are many colors to choose from for each wig or hairpieces. It can simply be the most confusing and frustrating part of the process, especially doing so by shopping online for wigs. Because computer monitors and mobile devices are set by you, the user, color swatches we provide online can make the color appear very different in person upon arrival of your purchase. We do note in our disclaimer when shopping with us, please purchase a color ring BEFORE you buy your wigs and hairpieces. We understand you many not want to invest in a color ring you will reference for only minutes, however, we do offer a discount on your purchase when you are ready to make your purchase as a way to re-coup some or most of your cost in purchasing a ring.
More info and help in choosing your hair color for wigs and hair pieces can be found here: Color Match Help
- If new to wearing a wig, stay as close to your own natural hair color in the beginning. It allows you to make the transition easier when getting used to wearing a wigs. If you are familiar with wearing wigs and pieces, step out and trying something new in color. Highlights, rooted color, tipped frosted and stunning Ombre colors are all available.