Tips to help guide you through the steps in choosing your new wigs.
CHOOSING A STYLE: Your first step, shop our vast selection of hair lengths, textures from short, long and mid-length wig styles. Bobs, pixies, boy cuts and more in layered, wavy, straight and smooth hair.
Begin here: SHOP WIGS
CAP SIZE: Determine your headsize with the use of a soft seamtress measuring tape to ensure proper attention to whether you need an average, petite, large size cap or somewhere in between.
View our step by step guide here: Measuring for wig head size.
Average: (21.5 - 22.5 inch circumference), (13.5 inches ear to ear), (14.25 inches front to back)
Petite Average: (21 - 22 inch circumference), 13.25 inches ear to ear), (13.75 inches front to back)
Average Large: (22.5 inch circumference), (13.75 inches ear to ear), (14.34 inches front to back)
Average-Large: (22.5 inch circumference), (14 inches ear to ear), (15.5 inches front to back)
Large: (22.5 -23.5 inch circumference), (14 inches ear to ear), (15.5 inches front to back)
Child: (18.5 - 19.5 inch circumference), (12.5 inches ear to ear), (12 inches front to back)
CAP CONSTRUCTION: the inside of the wig cap is referred to as the wig cap construction.
1) Monofilament or Mono Top: Provides a realistic scalp and look of natural hair growth. Greater overall styling versatility and hair parting at the mono strip. Perfect for those with partial or complete hair loss.
View the monofilament cap here: Mono Top
2) Lace Front: Simulates the illusion of your natural front hairline, designed to allow styling the hair on or off the face. Many wig caps are now also made with a combined lacefront and monofilament for the ultimate in realism.
View the lace front cap here: Lace Caps
3) SKIN TOP: Thin polyurethane or laxex inserted at the top of the wig cap with the hair implanted into it. Creates a more natural look as if the hair is growing directly from the scalp.
4) STANDARD-TRADITIONAL CAP: the most common wig cap construction. Closed lace layer at the crown with the hair machine sewn into the wig cap. The crown hair is usually lifted, ensuring the cap is not visible. It allows natural life and volume at the crown.
5) CAPLESS CONSTRUCTION: similar to a standard wig cap construction, but instead, a capless wig does not have a lace layer at the crown as a standard wig cap does. It has vertical lace strips with open spaces between the wefting, allowing maximum breathability and an overall lighter weight cap.
6) OPEN CAP: an open wefted cap means the sides and back of cap are constructed with wefts of hair with approximately 1/2 inch of space between each weft of hair. This allows for light-weight breathable wear.
View the Open Cap here: Open Cap
7) HAND-TIED WIG CAP: The hair fiber is hand-tied into the wig cap, allowing the hair to move freely, just as your own for greater styling options.
View the Hand-tied Cap here: Hand-Tied
CHOOSE A HAIR TYPE - FIBER: Human hair, synthetic, heat-friendly synthetic hair, blended hair fibers, there are choices. While each looks natural, determining which fiber you wish to choose is personal, depending on your needs.
- Human hair is said to be the most desirable. It is the most natural, or real hair you can buy. It provides endless styling options and can be professionally cut, colored, highlighted and permed just as you would your own hair.
Shop HUMAN HAIR
- Synthetic hair has made tremendous advances over the years. No longer chape looking, unnatural, fake or 'like a wig.' Synthetic fiber required little fussing to maintain, it comes ready-to-wear, the curl pattern retains it's shape and is the perfect shake and war options for many.
Shop SYNTHETIC HAIR
- Heat-Defiant/Resistant Synthetic Hair offers the best of both worlds. Another remarkable advance in the hair industry, it allows the wearer cost effective natural looking hair, able to be heat styled with conventional hair tools at reccommended temperature settings.
- Human Hair Synthetic Blended Hair is sometimes viewed as the perfect wig hair fiber. For a natural appearance and maximum styling, blended hair fiber just makes sense. Using a heat-friendly synthetic fiber (which is heat stylable at noted temperatures), and combining with natural human hair, allows limitless styling. As a rule, we tend to overprocess our natural hair with the use of extreme heat settings when using thermal styling tools. Enter 'human hair blend wigs,' and you're on you're way to creating the look of your dreams without using as high heat settings as you many have been use to.
CHOOSING A HAIR COLOR: There are many colors to choose from for each wig or hair piece. It can simply be the most confusing and frustrating part of the process, especially doing so by shopping online for wigs. Because computer and mobile device are set by you, the user, color swatches we provide online can assist, but can many times be quite different in person upon arrival of your wig or hair piece. We do note as a disclaimer when shopping with us, please purchase a color ring for the brand and style BEFORE you buy. We understand you many not want to invest in a color ring, referenced for only a few minutes, however, we prefer you see the hair color sample rather than randomly picking a color and not being happy with it once you receive it.
You can also call us for any questions you may have to allow us to assist and reccomend the best we can, which color you are possibly looking for. While we cannot guarantee a suggestion on our part, if we can help, we are happy to.
For more information with wig color assistance, view our guide: COLOR MATCH HELP
If new to wearing a wig, stay as close to your own natural hair color at first. It allows yo to make the transition easier when getting use to wearing a wig. If you are familair with wearing wigs and piece, step out and try something new in color. Highlights, rooted colored wigs, tipped frosted and stunning Ombre colors, we carry them all.