Washing, Styling and Storing Synthetic Wigs, Pieces...
A general recommendation is to wash your wig or hairpiece approximately every 6 - 8 wears. However, as you become accustom to wearing it, you'll naturally come to know when it's time to clean and refresh the hair fiber based on wear and lifestyle.
Want to learn how to care for Human Hair or HD Heat Defiant Synthetic Hair Wigs. Simply click on either link and learn.ymohn4XDcII, 6t7PV9jhX0o, rXD-j2QhJAk
SYNTHETIC HAIR CARE:
Wash and Condition:
- Gently detangle the wig or hairpiece using a wide tooth comb. Do not tug or pull on hair fibers.
- Add a small amount of wig shampoo to a washbasin of cool to lukewarm water. Be sure the shampoo is formulated for synthetic hair fiber. A capfull of shampoo is all that's needed.
- Place the wig or hair piece in washbasin and let it soak for approximately 5 minutes. Do not rub, scrub or agitate the hair fiber.
- Rinse the hair holdng under running cool to lukewarm water until water runs clear. Gently squeeze or use a clean, dry towel to press out excess water. Do NOT twist or wring the hair.
- Apply wig conditioner geared for synthetic hair. Gently apply starting at bottom of wig. Avoid apply conditioner on base of cap as this may compromise or weaken the cap construction. Leave conditioner in for several minutes.
- Rinse under cool to luke warm water to remove all conditioner until water runs clear.
Drying and Styling:
- Wrap the wig or hairpiece in a towel to gently remove any excess water. Do not twist or wring hair fiber.
- DO NOT use a hair brush to detangle hair fiber while wet. You can use a wide tooth comb to gently and slightly loosen any tangles, however, we do not recommend, let hair air dry completely before doing so.
- Once hair is almost or completely dry, you can spritz a few pumps of Leave In Conditioning Spray to soften and keep hair fiber at it's optimum best.
- NO HEAT of any kind can be applied to synthetic hair fiber wigs or hair pieces. Doing so will result in the hair singing, melting, or curling, essentially ruining the wig hair.
STYLING OF SYNTHETIC HAIR FIBER:
- If upon receiving your wig or hairpiece, you find you need it altered or restyled to a lesser degree, take it to a professional stylist to achieve the desired effect for your facial features and needs. Do not fuss with the styling of synthetic hair. It's designed specifically for shake and wear styling, holding the curl pattern texture as it was made. You can clip and pin different sections to your liking for a change of pace, as well as use styling products such as wig holding sprays designed for synthetic hair, but as you get used to the wigs, you will most likely find you do not have to do anything if at all. For curly wigs, use a wide tooth comb or pic to loosen fibers, but never pull on the hair.
STORING YOUR WIGS, HARIPIECES:
- Store your wig on a wig stand or mannequin head when not wearing. Keep it in a dry, damp free and heat free environment. This ensures your wig will stay clean, tangle free between wearing, as well as maintain the wigs' style. With hairpieces, simply lay flat if you wish, however again, remembering to keep it in a damp free, heat free place.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Soaking longer than the recommended time will damage the product.
- Hot water will damage synthetic hair fiber.
- Using heat tools of any kind such as a blow dryer, hot rollers, curling iron will damage the fiber.
- Sudden bursts of heat, such as opening an oven door will damage and singe synthetic wigs and hair pieces.
- It is not recommended sleeping, showering or swimming while wearing the product.All Christine Headwear wrap and turbans are made from the finest natural materials, because a very sensitive scalp without hair needs special and comfortable material. Paramount to the brand is that women find inspiration while feeling comfortable, fashionable and confident while wearing them. Each piece is designed to add fullness and volume to the head without hair. A graceful silhouette so you can feel confidence restored in beautiful Danish designs.
Buy these terrific items for your Synthetic Wigs and Pieces to ensure maximum care: