Different types of wig cap constructions:
- Monofilament or Mono Top: transparent nylon or silk mesh with individually tied hand knotted hair fibers place into the mesh. This allows the hair to fall naturally and gives it versatility for styling purposes. A monofilament to cap construction is suitable for any wearer, and is most suitable for those with excessive hair loss due to cancer treatments. The color of a natural scalp underneath and the mimic effect of real hair growth gives them the most realistic look and comfortable wear.
- Lace Front: lace front wigs provides added realism and styling from every angle. They feature hand-tied hair fibers in a poly-silk mesh base that generally runs temple to temple along the front of the wig cap. Lace front hairlines give the option of styling the hair on or off the face. Transparent thin lace is designed to contour to the shape of your forehead, work well with all skin tones, and do not required tapes of glues in almost all instances.
- Skin Top: thin polyurethane or latex inserted at the top of the wig cap and the hair implanted into it, creating the appearance of hair growth for a more believable look. A skin top wig construction is suitable for those with hair loss as well as clients still having existing hair.
- Standard Cap Top: the entire cap has the same construction which is usually lace. A standard top wig cap construction works for wearers with total hair loss, or those still having hair.
- Capless Construction: similar to a standard wig cap construction, but instead, a capless wig does not have a lace layer at the crown as the standard wig cap does. It has vertical lace strips with open spaces between the wefting, allowing for maximum breath-ability and an overall lighter weight cap.
- Open Cap: an open wefted wig cap means the side and back of the inside of cap is constructed with wefts of hair with approximately 1/2" of space between/separating each weft of hair. This allows for light-weight and breathable wear.
- Standard Traditional Wig Cap: the most common wig cap construction. Closed lace layer at the crown with the hair machine sewn into the cap. The crown hair is usually lifted ensuring the cap is not visible. It allows for natural life and volume at the crown.
- Hand-Tied Wig Cap: the hair fiber is hand-tied into the wig cap, allowing the hair to move freely, just as your natural hair, for greater confidence and styling versatility.